Ok, so it feels weird spruiking my awards so I’ve listed a few of the bigger ones below.
Since starting Impact Images, Linda, my beautiful wife with so much belief in me and what I do, has pushed me to enter these awards and usually it’s a case of looking through the weddings and portraits I’ve photographed a few weeks before the awards entry deadlines to find something I want to submit.
I guess the beauty of these awards for me is nothing has been photographed purely for an award entry. The photos and albums I’ve entered have all been from real shoots with real clients and couples.
The upshot is I’m always looking for and pushing myself to come up with new and exciting, modern images, no matter who I’m photographing. I’m looking to create something award worthy at every single shoot for every single client… and myself.
Competitions used to play a big part in my photography life. Less so now. Linda still pushes me to enter but I’ve had enough of awards and photo competitions.
Now it’s more about producing images that move me. Images that make me stop and want to linger. Images that deserve a full page in an album or a large wall print. Images that tell a story. And a desire to produce all this for my clients. That’s what brings me pleasure from my photography.
The challenge today is to be better than yesterday and continue to create something different and unexpected at every shoot.
If that’s not in fashion with what other photographers are doing or what judges are looking for in a photo… so be it. Life’s too short to worry about what everyone thinks of my photography, it’s more rewarding and less complicated to focus on what I can produce from what I can see. Time to concentrate on creating what I can with and for my clients – not judges.
Major Photography Awards:
- 2015 – WINNER NSW AIPP PORTRAIT ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- 2015 – GOLD PRINT AWARD NSW AIPP PORTRAIT CATEGORY
- 2015 – 2 X SILVER PRINT AWARDS NSW AIPP WEDDING CATEGORY
- 2011 FRONT COVER NEWCASTLE CENTRAL COAST WEDDING MAGAZINE
- 2004-2011 116 INDIVIDUAL AIPP PRINT AWARDS – NATIONAL AND STATE
- 2009 FRONT COVER COSMOPOLITAN BRIDE
- 2009 WPPI ACCOLADE OF EXCELLENCE – WEDDING ALBUM CATEGORY
- 2008 ANDREW EARNS AIPP MASTER PHOTOGRAPHER (M. PHOTOG) STATUS
- 2007 RUNNER UP – NSW WEDDING ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- 2006 WINNER – NSW WEDDING ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- 2006 WINNER – NATIONAL AUDIO VISUAL OF THE YEAR
- 2005 RUNNER UP – NSW WEDDING ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- 2004 FRONT COVER NEWCASTLE CENTRAL COAST WEDDING MAGAZINE
- 2004 WINNER – NSW WEDDING ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- 2004 RUNNER UP – NSW WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR