Plan for big adventures but value what you have right now.
- I don’t watch much TV but would kill it on Survivor
- I’ll tear up in the odd movie
- Dark chocolate. Red wine and Beer – YES please
- Favourite movies? Here’s a few; Dead Poets Society, Shawshank Redemption, Top Gun – yep really
- Close talkers make me uncomfortable
- I bought a motorcycle after seeing the movie Top Gun… True!
- I tried to get into the airforce too – yep, I laugh at this now too
- I’m a bike racer. Cyclist. Think Tour de France… wannabe
- Married with two teenage sons and a hairy daughter (as Linda likes to refer to her)… Roxy, our miniature schnauzer
- Perfect night out… dinner with friends and robust conversation
- Favourite place to ski… J.A.P.A.N powder!
- I always have a holiday booked… ALWAYS. Currently booked for Bali (1st time) Adelaide (for the Tour Down Under), Sri Lanka and India for the photography and culture
- I’m a podcast host / interviewer and interview photographers from around the world every week
- I love my home but am HOPELESS at handyman stuff
I photograph what makes a relationship so special even if you don’t know what that is… in words.
My photography style
I believe a wedding day is about family, friends, emotion, moments and relationships more so than the location, weather of table runner colours. I’ll give you direction if needed, otherwise I’ll be documenting what’s happening.
If you don’t want to spend hours of your wedding day being directed through every element, we could be a good fit.
My plan is to create photos of the real people in your life and not some make believe, set up and contrived set of images that every wedding is supposed to look like. To create something unique to you – including the messy lounge room or the crooked photo on your wall if that’s the way it always is.
Does this mean your photos will look different from your friends wedding photos, the bridal magazines photos or the photos on your Pinterest boards?
Maybe… Probably. Isn’t that a good thing!?
If you agree, get in touch and let’s chat.
I can show, what you have today, beats anything you have planned for the future with beautiful story books.
Yep, I’ve had a few oh-yeah-baby! Moments
I won NSW portrait album of the year in 2015 with an album documenting a real day in the life of a young family living in Sydney. I earned a gold print award in the portrait category of Australian Professional Photographers, also in 2015.
My wedding photos have been featured on the front covers of multiple wedding magazines and I’ve been awarded NSW Wedding Album of the Year 3 Times! Each of these albums were as shot and delivered to real clients.
I’ve been shooting weddings for almost 20 years and love it more now than I ever have. My approach and style has changed considerably and find a real sense of adventure and creativity that wasn’t there before and probably only comes with time and experience.
I believe photos that make you feel something will trump technically perfect photos, every time.
A couple of Raves!
Andrew – Let’s cut to the chase – you’re a legendary photographer.
On the day, you made the location photography a fun part of our wedding day rather than the tiresome intrusion it could so easily have been, and your willingness to “run with it” when we were asking you to climb through fences etc. was appreciated.
Later, when we saw the proofs, we were struck by what good photographs they were – all of them!! We are in awe…… What really blew us away was the number of times we would look at a photograph of the ceremony, or people on the beach, or the reception and think “Man, when did he take that? I didn’t even know he was there!”
Don’t take this the wrong way – you’re a good guy, and it’s not like we didn’t want you there – but such invisibility must be like the Holy Grail of anyone taking photographs at a function like a wedding, and apparently you had it nailed. It was clear in many of the images that you captured that people (us included) were not conscious of the fact that they were being photographed and the result was exactly the kind of natural and relaxed record of the day that we had hoped for.
We loved our wedding, you have provided us with a record of that day that expresses all the features of the day that we enjoyed so much, to the extent that we really can invoke the emotion and experience in our minds just by looking through your photographs.
It’s a good thing that you do, and you do it well. Thank you.
Leanne & Lachlan
Please accept this letter as a very belated thank you for making my wedding so special. For the past months I have been struggling to find the words to describe my sincere gratitude. What does one say to someone who has captured such beautiful memories that will last a lifetime and be passed along to future generations?
From the very first conversation and meeting with you, you made me feel important and assured that everything would turn out beautifully and so it did. Your professionalism married with a love of people shines through and is a real testament to Impact Images.
Everyone who has seen my album and photographs have been mesmerised Commenting on the attention to detail, the exquisite images and how natural and relaxed everyone is. Even after the wedding people were not commenting on the dress, the location, or the church but on “… how good was the photographer”?
I have without hesitation recommended Impact Images to everyone I have spoken with and will continue to do so. We wish you every success as you continue to make every girl’s dream of the perfect wedding come true.
Forever grateful, John & Jehanne
You can expect a commitment to creativity, some experimentation, plenty of emotion and a lot of fun with me as your photographer.
We’ll be a good fit if…
- You love black and white photography
- You’re happy to experiment and try something even if it might not work
- Your perfect winters night in is popcorn, red wine and movies
- You don’t want to pose all day at your wedding and are happy to go with the flow
- You want to enjoy your wedding more than plan for every tiny detail
- Laughing and having a great time with your friends is more important than spending 3 hours at a photo shoot on your wedding day
- You believe the wedding day is more about the people than the location, the gown and the food
- You want your wedding to be the best damn party everyone remembers!
If I sound like the kind of photographer you’re looking for get in touch, let’s create something together!